Sedation Dentistry uses a sedative medication to help create a relaxed state of mind.
Sedation Dentistry at Merit Dental may be right for you if:
- you are uncomfortable or nervous about seeing a dentist
- you need many procedures done in fewer visits
- you have a severe gag reflex, experience jaw soreness, back or neck problems
- you have trouble getting numb
- you simply want a more relaxing dental experience
When you come to your appointment, you will be given a medication that will help you relax, but you will remain awake and responsive to questions. You must be accompanied by an adult who can drive you home from your appointment.
Merit Dental dentists who offer Sedation Dentistry services have received advanced training to make your patient experience safe and easy.