What can I expect when I come in for my dental appointment?
Our top priority is the health and safety of our patients and employees. We are committed to providing a safe environment for you. To further reduce risk of exposure to COVID-19, we have put several temporary policies in place.
COVID-19 Enhanced Safety Protocols
We have always complied with strict OSHA-mandated protocols to maintain a highly sterile environment within our dental offices. These guidelines were created to safeguard against the spread of severely contagious diseases such as tuberculosis and measles, and they are equally effective in managing the spread of influenza and the coronavirus. In response to the current pandemic, we have augmented our safety protocols across a number of areas, including:
- Employee Health Screening
- Patient Health Screening
- Office Social Distancing
- Common Area Sterilization
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Treatment Area Protection
The safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority. The added protections described below have been vetted with representatives from the CDC, American Dental Association, State Dental Associations and global experts from across Asia and Europe, and we are pleased that over 90% of recent patients surveyed report being very confident that we are taking all necessary steps to ensure their safety.
Enhanced Safety Protocols as of October 14, 2021:
1. All employees adhere to mandatory vaccination and/or testing requirements in those states/local municipalities where applicable and are required to communicate their vaccination status.
2. Employees are regularly screened for COVID-19 risk factors and those at risk are required to self-quarantine based on the CDC / state guidelines prior to returning to work.
3. All employees have their temperatures monitored daily.
4. Patients are screened for COVID-19 risk factors upon arrival and asked to reschedule if risk factors are present. Patient temperatures are taken at check-in, and, to facilitate patient social distancing in the office, patients may be asked to wait for their appointments in their vehicles when there are others in the waiting area. After treatment is completed, patients are guided to the check-out desk individually to avoid crowding. Patients are asked to wear masks at all times except while being treated.
5. Employees are also practicing social distancing by not congregating in common areas and maintaining a six foot separation from each other outside the treatment areas when possible.
6. All employees are utilizing additional layers of personal protective equipment (PPE)
a. Providers and clinical staff wear clinical jackets, and gloves for all patient interactions
b. Wearing of masks is mandatory at all times, whether vaccinated or not, but subject to state regulations
c. N95 respirators are available for usage
d. Gloves and surgical masks are disposed after each visit and face shields are cleaned with a disinfecting wipe
7. All patients conduct a 30-second antimicrobial rinse prior to treatment
8. Oral isolation and suction devices are utilized for all aerosol producing procedures
9. All paper charts are left outside the operatory as viruses can remain on surfaces for up to 72 hours.
10. Treatment rooms are thoroughly disinfected with wipes and spray following each patient visit including wiping of all ancillary clinical equipment (loupes, headlamps, face shields, keyboards, etc.)
We appreciate our patients’ cooperation and understanding as we adhere to these strict safety protocols.